When: July 7, 9:30 a.m. CDT
Where: Johnson Farms near Frankfort, SD
Tour Johnson Farms, 2019 SD Leopold Conservation Award and 2020 NCBA Region 7 Environmental Stewardship Award winning operation!
Topics and Demonstrations
• New tree planting in pasture strips
• Calving pasture with covers and water layout
• Beans in rye with grazing and rotation history
• Grass (CRP) waterways
• Alfalfa/grass seeding with oats nurse crop along with CRP
• Corn and soybeans seeded into wheat stubble with 2020 manure application
• Wheat field with forage barley in saline areas followed by cover crop
• Rainfall and wind simulators
• No-till gardening
• Opportunity for conversation, questions, and comments by a few speakers/sponsors
Coffee and rolls served in the morning. Lunch served on the farm. Please RSVP at tinyurl.com/JohnsonTour2021 for meal counts and to receive directions to the farm.
Persons requiring special accommodations or materials in an alternate format or language please contact Cindy Zenk at 605-280-4190 or email@example.com two days prior to the event.