Where: Groton, SD
When: 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., July 28, 2021
• Farming saline/sodic soils
• The economics of saline/sodic soils
• Available programs to help heal impacted areas
• Identifying saline/sodic areas and how they act
• Brian Johnson, SDSHC Board Member, Spink County Producer
• Jeremy Wilson, North Dakota Producer
• Kent Vlieger, NRCS State Soil Health Specialist
• Anthony Bly, SDSU Extension Soils Field Specialist
• Caitlin Howard-Hoots, Malpert Insurance
• Craig Veldkamp, NRCS Soil Scientist
Classroom: Gengerke Farms shop – white shed 6 mi north of Groton on east side Hwy 37.
Field: 7 mi east on Brown 13 (Pier-pont Hwy or 130th Street) and 3 mi south on 413th Ave. on west side of road.
Please bring your own chairs. RSVP encouraged by July 21st for meal counts with Ivy Latham Pazour, Spink County Conservation District, 605-468-3085 or Ivy.LathamPazour@sd.nacdnet.net