What: North Dakota State University Extension High Tunnel Workshop and Tour
Where: 116 Loftsgard Hall, 1360 Albrecht Blvd, Fargo, ND 58102
When: Begins at 8:30 a.m., July 25, 2023
Register at https://forms.gle/cnPdCYXBDGQcu2xx6 by July 10th. Registration is free, but an an accurate headcount is needed for lunch.
- 8:30 a.m.: Registration and coffee
- 9:00 a.m.: Keynote Speaker – Dr. Kristine Lang, South Dakota State University Extension – Beat the Heat: The Benefits and Pitfalls of Shading Midwest High Tunnels
- 10:00 a.m.: Break
- 10:10 a.m.: Dr. Esther McGinnis, North Dakota State University Extension; Collin Auwarter, NDSU High Value Crops Research Specialist – High Tunnel Construction
- 11:00 a.m.: Joshua Monson, USDA-Natural Resources Conservation Service – High Tunnel Funding Options
- 11:45 a.m.: Box Lunch
- 12:15 p.m.: High Tunnel Tour – Requires driving a short distance to the high tunnel on campus.