These videos are recordings of SD Soil Health Coalition events.
2022 Soil Health Conference
- Bale Grazing and Increasing Infiltration – Van Mansheim
- Breaking Paradigms – Steve Kenyon
- Building Soil by Managing Carbon Flows – Dwayne Beck
- Building Soil by Managing Carbon Flows – Kris Nichols
- Composting: Making Old New Again! – Jim Ristau
- Economics and Carbon – Steve Kenyon
- Farm the Way You Want and Prosper Doing It – Justin Fruechte
- Farming for the Future – Dan Forgey
- Gardening for Healthy Soils – Ruth Beck and Kent Vlieger
- Keeping Yourself and Operation Healthy – Karl Oehlke
- Livestock Integration! Fencing and Multispecies Livestock – Dave Ollila
- Managing the Nutrient and Water Cycle – Dwayne Beck
- Mesonet! Ag Tools and Real Time Data – Nathan Edwards
- Preparing for the Next Generation – Michalski Family
- Really? You Can’t Do That Here? – Anthony Bly
- Soil Health Testing, New Insights and Improved Solutions – Nick Ward
- Speaker Panel
- Transitioning to Soil Health Systems for Beginners – Anthony Bly
- Young Producer Panel
March 2021 Planning Webinar Series
2021 Soil Health Conference
2020 Soil Health Conference
2019 Soil Health Conference
News & Events
By Stan Wise PIERRE, SD – “Last winter, I fed 450 head of cattle and did not start a tractor for 90 days.” South Dakota Soil Health Coalition Board member and Colome, SD, producer Van Mansheim doesn’t mince words when it comes to the benefits of bale grazing. “I hear...
As part of the 2022 Soil Health School, SDSU Extension Soils Field Specialist Anthony Bly and South Dakota Soil Health Coalition Soil Health Technician Austin Carlson conducted a field trial to determine the residual effects of various herbicides on common cover crop...
The South Dakota Soil Health Coalition is proud to announce that the Soil Health Assessment Card and Cover Crop Grazing Worksheet are now available as mobile apps! With the Soil Health Assessment App, users can input information about the practices used on each of...